ABOUT MBA (Masters of Business Administration)
Master of Business Administration or MBA is one of the most popular post-graduate programmes in India and abroad. The two-year programme is a gateway to a plethora of job opportunities in the corporate world. Here are some important facts about the MBA program:
- 1. What makes MBA such a popular course is that students from any background - including Science, Commerce and Humanities - can pursue it.
- 2. A regular MBA or Post-Graduation Diploma in Management (PGDM) is generally a two-year course divided into four or six semesters. However, there are certain private institutes that offer one-year PGDM programmes as well.
- 3. One can pursue MBA in various modes, such as, Regular, Online and Distance-Education. Interested candidates can also find programmes customised based on their professional experience such as Executive MBA.
- 4. Many management institutes offer Post-Graduate Diploma (PGD) or Post-Graduate Programme (PGP) in Management instead of an MBA degree. There is not much difference between the two, but for their titles
- 5. The full-time MBA is the most popular among all, and includes theory classes, practical projects, and internships.
- 6. Fresh graduates as well as candidates with a few years of work experience opt for a full-time MBA. Some colleges prefer fresh graduates while some colleges give higher preference to candidates with a few years of work experience.
- 7. On the other hand, the Executive MBA is fit for candidates with more than 5 -10 years work experience as it is designed to enhance their managerial and leadership skills to stay relevant in the job market.
- 8. Online MBA, Part Time MBA and Distance MBA programmes are ideal for candidates who wish to study while working.