What is NMML Society?
Narendra Modi, Amit Shah in, Mallikarjun Kharge, Jairam Ramesh out :-
The Ministry of Culture has restructured the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML) Society. Congress leaders Mallikarjun Kharge, Jairam Ramesh and Karan Singh have been removed from the society. However, it includes TV journalists Rajat Sharma, lyricist Prasoon Joshi and Rajya Sabha member Swapnadas Gupta among others. PM Narendra Modi is the new chairman of the society.
Nehru Memorial Museum and Library Society have been reorganized under Rule-3 of Memorandum of Association and Rules and Regulation of NMML Society. New members have been added for a tenure of five years.
What is NMML Society?
The Nehru Memorial Museum and Library was built in memory of the country's first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru. It was established to maintain, acquire and preserve the personal papers and other historical materials related to Jawaharlal Nehru, his life and work. The Nehru Memorial Museum and Library award fellowships and scholarships along with monetary assistance as per the rules and by-laws. The society helps NMML to organise exhibitions of the collections of the museum at different places in-country and abroad.
Reorganization of NMML Society
• The Prime Minister will be the chairman of the Society while Defense Minister Rajnath Singh will be the Vice-Chairman.
• Apart from this, Home Minister Amit Shah, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar will be the members of the society.
• Union Minister V Muralitharan, Prahlad Patel, ICCR Chairman Vinay Sahasrabuddhe, Prasar Bharati Chairman A.K. Suryaprakash will be its member along with Secretary of Expenditure, Culture and Housing and Urban Affairs.
• Also, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Chairman, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund representative, NMML Director Raghavendra Singh will be its new members.
• Other members who have been included as per the order are Anirban Ganguly, Sachchidanand Joshi, Kapil Kapoor, Lokesh Chandra, Makrand Paranjpe, Kishore Makwana, Kamlesh Joshipura and Rizwan Qadri.