State Service (Preliminary) Examination Syllabus Paper -I General Studies
1. History, Culture and Literature of Madhya Pradesh.
- Major events and Major dynasties in history of Madhya Pradesh.
- Contribution of Madhya Pradesh in freedom movement.
- Major arts and Sculputure of Madhya Pradesh.
- Major Tribes and Dialects of Madhya Pradesh.
- Major festivals , Folk music, Folk arts and Folk literature of Madhya Pradesh.
- Important Literator of Madhya Pradesh and their literature.
- Religious and tourist places of Madhya Pradesh.
- Important Tribal Personalities of Madhya Pradesh.
2. History of India.
- Major features, Events and their administrative, Social and Economical Systems of Ancient and Medieval India.
- Social and Religious reform movements in 19th and 20th century.
- Independence struggle and Indian National Movement for Freedom.
- Integration and Reorganization of India after Independence.
3. Geography of Madhya Pradesh.
- Forest, Forest Produce, Wild life, Rivers, Mountains and Mountain ranges of Madhya Pradesh.
- Climate of Madhya Pradesh.
- Natural and Mineral resources of Madhya Pradesh.
- Transport in Madhya Pradesh.
- Major Irrigation and Electrical Projects in Madhya Pradesh.
- Agriculture, Animal husbandry and Agriculture based industries in Madhya Pradesh.
4. Geography of World and India :-
- Physical Geography :- Physical features and Natural regions.
- Natural Resources:- Forest, Mineral resources, Water, Agriculture, Wildlife, National Parks/ Sanctuaries/Safari.
- Social Geography:- Population related Demography (Population growth, Age, Sex ratio, Literacy)
- Economic Geography: – Natural and Human resources (Industry, Modes of Transport)
- Continents/Countries/Oceans/Rivers/Mountains of world.
- Natural Resources of World.
- Conventional and Non conventional Energy Resources.
5. (A) Constitutional System of Madhya Pradesh
- Constitutional System of Madhya Pradesh (Govern er, Council of Ministers, Legislative Assembly, High Court).
- Three-tier System of Panchayati Raj and Urban Administration in Madhya Pradesh.
(B) Economy of Madhya Pradesh
- Demography and Census of Madhya Pradesh.
- Economic Development of Madhya Pradesh.
- Major Industries of Madhya Pradesh.
- Castes of Madhya Pradesh, S chedule Castes and S chedule Tribes of Madhya Pradesh and Major Welfare Schemes of State.
6. Constitution Government and Economy of India.
- Government India act 1919 and 1935.
- Constituent Assembly.
- Union Excutive, President and Parliament.
- Fundamental Rights and Duties of the Citizens and Directive Principles of State policy.
- Coustitutional Amendments.
- Supreme Court and Judicial System.
- Indian Economy, Industrial Development and Foreign trade, Import and Export.
- Financial Institutions- Researve Bank of India, Nationalised Banks, Security and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), National Stock Exchange (NSE), Non Banking Financial Institutions.
7. Science and Technology.
- Basic Principles of Science.
- Important Indian Scientific Research Institutions and Their achievements, Satellite and Space technology.
- Environment and Biodiversity.
- Ecological System.
- Nutrition, Food and Nutrient.
- Human Body.
- Agricultural Product Technology.
- Food Processing.
- Health Policy and Programmes.
- Pollution, Natural Diasasters and Management.
8. Current International and National Affairs.
- Important Personalities and Places
- Major Events
- Important Sports Institutes, Sports Competitions and Awards of India and Madhya Pradesh.
9. Information and Communication Technology
- Electronics, Information and Communication Technology
- Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Cyber Security
- Internet and Social Networking Sites
10. National and Regional Constitutional / Statutory Bodies
- Election Commission of India
- State Election Commission
- Union Public Service Commission
- Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Comptroller and Auditor General
- NITI Aayog
- Human Rights Commission
- Women Commission
- Child Protection Commission
- Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Commission
- Backward class Commission
- Information Commission
- Vigilance Commission
- National Green Tribunal
- Food preservation Commission etc.
State Service (Preliminary) Examination Syllabus Paper -IInd :GENERAL APTITUDE TEST
- 1. Comprehension ect.-Class X level) Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.-Class X level)
- 2. Interpersonal skill including communication skill
- 3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- 4. Decision making and problem solving
- 5. General mental ability
- 6. Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude
- 7. Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (Class X level)
Note:- Question relating to Hindi Language Comprehension skill of Class X level will be tested through passages from Hindi language only without providing English Translation thereof in the question paper.
STATE SERVICE MAINS EXAMINATION SYLLABUS FIRST PAPER (PART-A) HISTORY
History and Culture
|UNIT- I||Indian History:- Political, Economic, Social and Cultural History of India from Harappan civilization to 10th Century A.D.|
FIRST PAPER (PART-B) GEOGRAPHY
|UNIT- I||World Geography
|UNIT- II||Geography of India
|UNIT- III||Geography of Madhya Pradesh
|UNIT- IV||Water and disaster management
|UNIT- V||Advanced Techniques in Geography
SECOND PAPER (PART-A) PAPER-II GENERAL STUDIES
Constitution, Governance, Political and Administrative Structure
|UNIT-IV||Indian Political Thinkers Kautilya, Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, Ram Manohar Lohia, Dr.B.R.Ambedkar, Deendayal Upadhyaya, Jayaprakash Narayan.|
SECOND PAPER (PART-B) Economics and sociology
|UNIT-II||With reference to Madhya Pradesh
|UNIT-III||Human Resource Development
THIRD PAPER SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
|UNIT-X||Definition and importance of Geology, Earth- Crust, Mantle, Core Lithosphere, Hydrosphere, Origin and Age of Earth, Geological Time Scale, Rock-Definition, Types of Rocks-Igneous, Sedimentary and Metamorphic Rock. Minerals and Ores, Fossils, Weathering and Erosion, Formation of soil, Groundwater, Natural Coal, Natural Oil and Gas.|
FOURTH PAPER PHILOSOPHY, PSYCHOLOGY AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
|UNIT-I||Philosophers/Thinkers, Social Reformers:- Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Mahavir, Buddha, Acharya Shankar, Charwak, GuruNanak, Kabir, Tulsidas, Ravindra Nath Tagore, Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Savitribai Phule, Swami Dayanand Saraswati, Swami Vivekanand, Maharshi Arvind and Sarvpalli Radhakrishnan.|
|UNIT-III||Human Needs and Motivation
Ethics and Values in Public Administration:- Ethical elements in governance – Integrity, Accountability and Transparency, Ethical Reasoning and Moral Dilemmas, Conscience as a source of ethical guidance. Code of Conduct for Civil Servants, Implementation of Higher values in governance.
|UNIT-IV||Corruption:- Types and Causes of Corruption, Effects of corruption, Approaches to minimizing corruption, Role of society, Media, Family and Whistleblower, United Nation Convention on Corruption, Measuring corruption, Transparency International, Lokpal and Lokayukt.|
|UNIT-V||Case Studies: – Based on the contents of the syllabus.|