MPPSC Study Material
MPPSC exam 2019 has been held on 12 January 2020. Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission is the organizing body for the MPPSC exam under the MP state government. MPPSC is one of the most challenging and toughest exams under the state government. In order to qualify for the MPPSC examination, a candidate needs to work hard with all his possible efforts.
MPPSC Examination is held in three stages viz. Prelims (Objective in nature), Mains (descriptive), and Interview Session.
Before candidates begin worrying about their competency to sit for the test, they must go through the article below to comprehend everything about MPPSC Preparation. They will find solutions to the following inquiries by the end of this article:
- Important Book List for MPPSC Exam
- Preparation Strategy for MPPSC Prelims
- Preparation Strategy for MPPSC Mains
- Preparation Strategy for MPPSC Prelims
- How to make Notes?
Important Book List for MPPSC Exam
This article will assist you in choosing the great and most appropriate books for your groundwork for the MPPSC prelims test. A quintessential book and a perfect mentorship are the keys to success. “It is better to know one book intimately than a hundred superficially.”
Here is the list of some paramount books for MPPSC Prelims and Mains GS
Class 11th and 12th NCERT – for World History
Class 6th to 12th NCERT for Ancient and Medieval History
For modern history – Spectrum- A brief history of modern India by Rajiv Ahir.
Indian Culture –
Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania is a complete book for understanding the rich culture of India.
- History Culture & Literature and geography of Madhya Pradesh- Madhya Pradesh Ek Parichaya (Mc Grawhills Publication)
- MP GK by Mukesh Maheshwari
- Various revision magazines published annually specially Tathya Baan for quick and easy revision tactics through maps Because map visualization is the most appropriate way to understand.
Geography and Environment –
for the physical geography of the world
- Physical geography by GC Leong
- Physical geography by Ravindra Singh or Mahesh Kumar Barnwal is more than enough.
- Indian geography- Geography of India by RC Tiwari
- Human geography- students should opt for NCERT class 6Th to 12Th especially if you are from a non-art background it is a must contemplate NCERT with appropriate planning. Planning makes your ideas and areas clearer which is then simple to remind at time.
- Environment – Shankar IAS and Red Databook
- For fodder material and most recent updates, India year book latest edition and government reports from their individual respective websites, chief conventions and international treaties are most important.
Indian Polity –
M. Laxmikant is the finished book for Indian Polity and constitution which has been a state of fulfillment for years for all the aspirants.
For most recent changes, added articles and decisions everyday newspaper perusing (not obligatorily The Hindu) and individual notes is the most ideal approach to remain refreshed.
Indian Economy –
The economy is somewhere the most typical subject for most of the aspirants to understand and synthesize.
Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
Annual edition by Drishti Publications is a better option for a quick and better understanding of the economy.
Analyze Annual budget by Govt. of India through https://www.indiabudget.gov.in/ or in short through the newspapers and magazines.
Science and Technology in India –
Kalpana Rajaram – Spectrum.
NCERT Books for Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
For current discoveries, inventions, and researches you should opt for monthly or yearly magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan and To the Point of Drishti IAS Youtube channel for all the current affairs.
Current Affairs and sports- Yojana, Kurukshetra, and India yearbook.
For Prelims Paper – II
- Quantitative Aptitude – RS Aggarwal
- Fast Track Arithmetic book – Rajesh Verma
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non – Verbal & Analytical- Arihant Publications.
Note-Previous year question papers are the pivotal part to comprehend and dissect the test pattern and to realize what to do and what not to do.
You can go through the official website of mppsc.nic.in or from the solved papers booklet by Arihant.