Why Civil Services?
After all, why do we want to choose our career as civil servants – only for serving the country? It can also be done in other forms. Or just for money? But more than this salary can be found in other jobs and occupations. Then what is the reason behind the attraction towards civil services?
Let us introduce you to some of the features of civil service that make it a center of attraction:
- If we look at the level of governance, the important duties of the executive are discharged only through civil servants. In fact, since colonial times, the civil service has been seen as a backbone of all-round development and it still has its relevance.
- Earlier, where it was in the role of a controller, now its role has been transformed as a procurator of the welfare state, whose core lies in the development of the country and the individual.
- Today wide powers have been imparted over the civil servants, due to which they also face criticism several times. But if this power is used properly in a diligent manner, it can transform both the condition and direction of the country. This is the reason that youths who want to undergo major changes or do something good are attracted to this job and appear in the Civil Services Examination to involve themselves in this grand role.
- This is the only examination in which, after being successful, one gets a chance to hold high positions in administration in various fields and play an effective role in policy-making.
- It not only gets an attractive salary, the security of post, variety of work area, and all other types of features but also provides high social.
- Civil servants honored the power to materialize policy reforms.
- There are many civil servants whose work is like an inspiration to us. Like – an IAS officer S.R. Shankaran continued to fight against bonded labor throughout his life and through his efforts, a law like the “Bonded Labor System (Abolition) Act, 1976” was enacted.
- Overall, after entering the civil service we have many opportunities to move forward and move the country forward. Above all, we can contribute to the development of several fields like agriculture, health, education, management together which is hardly possible in any other public sector.
- Civil servants have many institutional powers that they can use to bring about radical changes in any area. This is the reason why successful people in different fields are also attracted to this service.